The reason behind a beautiful smile is a set of white, polished teeth. But unfortunately, only a handful number of people are blessed with a good set of teeth.
The tooth is a part of our body that gets damaged if proper care is not taken. There can be so many tooth related problems that can affect your confidence to laugh or talk openly. One of the problems is a cracked tooth.
A cracked tooth may result from chewing hard foods or grinding your teeth. At times it may also occur naturally. Since this is a common problem, it can happen to anyone including you. If you have cracked tooth then you should visit a dental care clinic center. This is not something to ignore as it can get worse with time.
What causes cracked tooth?
Before you visit any dentist in New Britain, CT, you should first know the causes of a cracked tooth.
- Biting or chewing hard foods such as hard candy, ice, etc.
- Any severe blow to the mouth which may have resulted from an accident, fall, or injury.
- An abrupt change of temperature in your mouth. For example, when you eat something really hot and straight away drink cold water to cool your mouth.
- A cracked tooth may also happen with age like when you are above 50 years old.
- Pressure from grinding your teeth.
What are the symptoms of a cracked tooth?
The main symptoms of a cracked tooth include:
- You may feel pain while eating, especially when to release the bite.
- Pain that comes and goes.
- You may get swollen gums.
- Increased sensitivity to sweetness, cold or heat.
If you notice any of these symptoms, then you should at once consult your family dentist New Britain.
Diagnosing cracked tooth
You can diagnose your cracked tooth with the help of a scan. You should visit a dentist to diagnose the problem and follow whatever he recommends.
- Your dentist may ask about your dental history.
- He will also conduct a visual examination with the help of a magnifying glass.
- Your dentist may also run a dental explorer over your tooth to see if it gets caught on an edge.
- He may also make use of a dental dye.
A cracked tooth is a problem that should be taken care of at the earliest. This is important if you don’t want to lose your teeth before age.