When we have toothaches, most of us seek the help of a dental professional to help ease the pain. Others use over-the-counter medication to fight through it, while others undergo medical procedures to promote long-term dental health. Although many of us must undertake at least one major dental procedure through the course of our lives, others don’t understand what they’re going through. At OM Dental, the best dentist in New Britain, CT, you’ll find more than solutions to your dental problems. Our experienced dental professionals will help you understand all the treatments you receive. We can solve all your family’s dental problems, regardless of individual age. This is one of many reasons that
The Difference Between Dentures and Dental Implants
Losing our adult teeth can be one of the most painful and distressing experiences in our lives. It’s important to have a conversation with your dentist to see if your situation calls for dentures or dental implants.
• Dentures are removable teeth fixed in the place of missing teeth. Since dentures are removable, they can be taken out of the mouth at any time. Dental implants, on the other hand, are permanent fixtures. Getting dental implants involves replacing the roots of missing teeth and permanently putting false teeth in their place. This is the most basic difference between dentures and dental implants.
• Dentures must be removed for cleaning. If you have dentures, maintaining good oral health is impossible without cleaning those dentures outside of your mouth. With dental implants, standard toothbrushing from inside the mouth will suffice.
• Frequent removal of dentures for cleaning and other purposes may cause damage over time. This is not an issue with dental implants since they are permanently fixed in the mouth.
• Dentures are usually made of porcelain, while dental implants are made of titanium. Titanium is a resilient, durable substance and generally lasts longer than porcelain.
• Dental implants cause no discomfort and little to no fear for most people since they are permanently fixed in the mouth. Dentures, on the other hand, are removeable and may fall out if not properly fixed in place.
• Dental implants allow people to eat all kinds of food to since they are set strong alongside the mouth’s natural teeth, but chewing large pieces of food may cause discomfort to those with dentures.
Whether you need dental implants or dentures, get in touch with OM Dental, the best family dentist in New Britain. OM Dental offers a wide variety of services ranging from bonding to orthodontic treatment to periodontal disease therapy for patients suffering from gum disease. To learn more about the range of dental services OM Dental offers, visit our website at http://omdentalllc.com/. OM Dental, the best dentist in New Britain, CT is also serving patients in Berlin, Farmington, New Britain, Newington, Plainville, and Southington.